Sunday, February 22, 2009

Welcome to my blog

Who am I?

From the moment I was able to grab onto a drawing tool, it was obvious I had a thing for being an artist. I was constantly drawing on anything that I could find and I had a definite passion for expressing myself this way. So it was perfectly natural that I would study art all through my early education and eventually pursue it from a career perspective.

Once I graduated from high school I attended Florida State University, where I earned a B.A. in Studio Art. During this time I was exposed to all facets of classical art techniques and it was an experience that honed my skills as a visual artist and only served to drive me further into pursuing it full time.

Upon completing my degree at F.S.U. I moved to Atlanta where I would specialize my studies and earn an A.A. in Computer Animation. This experience was most beneficial as it served to expose me to more modern methods as well as professionals working in the industry.

While I was finishing with this degree, I took a job working in a corporate marketing dept. During this time I was in charge of Retail Merchandising and my responsibilities included developing merchandising programs and managing various projects designed to support the many brands of the company. This was a great "real world" experience, and it gave me a tremendous amount of knowledge necessary to branch out on my own. After almost 6 years, I left the company to start my own business. My goal was to work freelance and pursue the kind of creative opportunities I felt were lacking in my career to date, and with that determination I successfully founded The Visual Guy. That was in February 2005 and I have not looked back since. I continue to experience new challenges and I have the opportunity to handle a wide variety of creative assignments, which I love.

In fact, this has been one of the best decisions of my life and there is great satisfaction in knowing I am pursuing a calling that was obviously apparent so many years ago.

Feel free to view my website The Visual Guy to get a feel for my style.

Thanks!

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment